The contents of restricted-access clinical databases maintained by
PIC were derived from original data that contained protected
health information (PHI), as defined by
HIPAA and Chinese local regulations. The
providers of the data have given scrupulous attention to the task of locating
and removing all PHI, so that the remaining data can be
considered de-identified and therefore not subject to the HIPAA Privacy
Rule restrictions on sharing PHI. Nevertheless, because of the richness and
detail of the PIC clinical databases, they will be released only to legitimate researchers
under the terms and conditions described on this page.
If you agree to all of these terms and conditions, access to
restricted information within PIC clinical databases may be
granted to you as an individual. Your colleagues may
obtain access to these data as individuals via the same procedure you
are following.You can not share the data with your colleagues
Complete some online training such as the CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative at the University of Miami) “Data or Specimens Only Research” course as an MIT affiliate, as described in the instructions for completing required CITI training.or You could provide a GCP certification (药物临床试验质量管理规范培训证书)from Chinese local organizations
- Read the terms of the agreement (below) carefully and click on “I agree” if you
agree and wish to continue, or on “I do not agree” otherwise.
If you click on “I agree”, your browser will display a data use agreement form for you to complete and submit.
If you click on “I do not agree”, your browser returns to the PIC home page.
PIC Clinical Database Restricted Data Use Agreement
If I am granted access to PIC Clinical Databases, I agree to the terms and conditions below:
- I will not attempt to identify any individual or institution referenced in PIC restricted data.
- I will exercise all reasonable and prudent care to avoid disclosure of the identity of any individual or institution referenced in PIC restricted data in any publication or other communication.
- I will not share access to PIC restricted data with anyone else.
- I will exercise all reasonable and prudent care to maintain the physical and electronic security of PIC restricted data.
- If I find information within PIC restricted data that I believe might permit identification of any individual or institution, I will report the location of this information promptly by email to email@example.com, citing the location of the specific information in question so that it can be investigated and removed if necessary.
- I have requested access to PIC restricted data for the sole purpose of lawful use in scientific research, and I will use my privilege of access, if it is granted, for this purpose and no other.
- I have completed a training program in human research subject protections and HIPAA or other related regulations, and I am submitting proof of having done so.
- I will indicate the general purpose for which I intend to use the database in my application.
- If I openly disseminate my results, I will also contribute the code used to produce those results to a repository that is open to the research community.
- This agreement may be terminated by either party at any time, but my obligations with respect to restricted data from PIC shall continue after termination.
- 如果我发现PIC中存在可以确认个人和机构信息的数据，我将及时报告相关内容给PIC的管理者。 firstname.lastname@example.org.